Welcome to Its Plain Sailing
Esker Software developed this service to make it easy for clubs and organisations to accept payments online for entries and memberships. We understand that privacy is important to our online visitors and registered users. We respect your privacy and will take reasonable steps to protect your information as if it was our own.
- Information collection and use
- Sharing and disclosure of information
- Choice and opt-out
- Protection of information
- Changes and notifications
- Data Export; Safe Harbor Framework
- GDPR: Data Processor
- Contact us
This Policy applies to the itsplainsailing.com website, including all subpages and successor pages (collectively referred to as the “Website”), and also applies to all software and services that we offer, including through our Website when you register for an ItsPlainSailing account (collectively referred to as the “Services”).
This Policy does not apply to any website, product or service of any third-party company/ club / organisation even if the website links to (or from) our Website. We do not operate or control those websites, products or services. Please always review the privacy practices of an organisation before deciding whether to provide any information.
By using our Website or Services, you are accepting the practices described in this Policy. If you do not agree with this Policy, delete all cookies from your browser cache after visiting our Website and do not visit or use our Website or Services. Your continued use of our Website or Services will signify your acceptance of this Policy.
We collect information in one way only and that is when it is provided directly to us by the organisations and by an organisations users. The types of information that we collect and our use of that information will depend on whether you are the account holder for a specific organisation or if you are someone using a specific organisations public web page to enter an event, book a timeslot, apply for membership or purchasing a service/ merchandise from that organisation.
The term “Personal Information”, as used in this Policy, refers to any information that can be used to identify a specific person, or any anonymous information (e.g. IP Address) that is linked to a specific person. Personal information does not include information that has been aggregated or made anonymous such that it can no longer be reasonably associated with a specific person.
Cookies and Web Server Logs
Similar to many commercial websites, we utilise “cookies” and other technologies to collect non-personally-identifiable information from our Website. “Cookies” are a feature of web browser software that allows web servers to recognize the computer used to access a website. Cookies can remember what information a computer accessed on one web page to streamline activities on related web pages and to make the online experience easier and more personalised. Information gathered through cookies and web-server log files may include information such as the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, IP addresses, links to/from any page, and time spent at our site. We use cookie data to measure web traffic and usage activity on our Website for purposes of improving and enhancing the functionality of our Website. Cookies also allow our servers to remember your account information for future visits and to provide personalised and streamlined information across related to pages on our Website. Log files are used to monitor, measure, analyze, improve, and troubleshoot our Services. You can choose to disable cookies for our Website but this may limit your ability to use our Website and Services; see below in Section 4 (“Choice and opt-out”).
- ensure that our Services function properly,
- detect and prevent fraud,
- understand how visitors use and engage with our Site, and
- analyze and improve Services.
Who sets cookies when I use the ItsPlainSailing Site? There are two main types of cookies that can be set:
- First party cookies: these cookies are placed and read by ItsPlainSailing directly when you use our Services,
- Third party cookies: these cookies are not set by ItsPlainSailing, but by other companies, like Google, for site analytics purposes. See further details below on how to manage these cookies.
Some cookies are essential to the operation of our Site and Services and make it usable and secure by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the Site. We use those cookies in a number of different ways, including:
- Authentication. To remember your login state so you don’t have to log in as you navigate through our Site and dashboard.
- Fraud Prevention and Detection. Cookies and similar technologies that we deploy through our Site help us learn things about computers and web browsers used to access the Services. This information helps us monitor for and detect potentially harmful or illegal use of our Services.
- Security. To protect user data from unauthorized access.
Analytics cookies help us understand how visitors interact with our Services. We use those cookies in a number of different ways, including:
- Site Features and Services. To remember how you prefer to use our Services so that you don’t have to reconfigure your settings each time you log into your account.
- To Analyze and Improve Our Services. To make our Site and Services work better for You. Cookies help us understand how people reach our Site and our Users’ sites. They give us insights into improvements or enhancements we need to make to our Site and Services.
- Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs). May be used in connection with some Services to, among other things, track the actions of Users (such as email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage of the Services and response rates.
- Third Party Analytics. Through Google Analytics in order to collect and analyze information about the use of the Services and report on activities and trends. This service may also collect information regarding the use of other sites, apps and online resources. You can learn about Google’s practices on the Google website. See further details below on how to manage these cookies.
The ItsPlainSailing service uses the following cookies:
|First or Third Party
|this is a temporary 'short lived' cookie that is used by the system to maintain your current session. For example if you add an item to your shopping basket, this cookie is used to ensure that your basket is not empty if you were to reload your web page. It is also used if you login to the system to ensure that you don't have to re-enter your password every time you go to a new page on the website.
|For the duration of your Session - This cookie is deleted when you logout.
|this cookie is used by our website to recognise your browser and device in the situation where you are a return visitor. We use it for purely internal purposes to recognise regular users of our system.
|this cookie only applies to logged in users/ administrators of the system. This cookie is used to remember which chart type you selected when you were last logged in, so that the same chart type can be displayed when next you login to the system.
|this cookie only applies to logged in users/ administrators of the system. This cookie is used to remember which group event you selected when you were last logged in, so that the same group event can be displayed when next you login to the system.
|this cookie is used to track whether you have accepted the cookies policy for our website or not.
|this cookie is used to track whether you have accepted the use of analytics cookies on the website or not.
|Used for Fraud prevention and detection by Stripe if you make a payment using ItsPlainSailing which redirects to www.stripe.com to execute the payment process.
|Google Analytics cookies used for analytics and service improvement
You can review and make changes to your cookie settings in relation to ItsPlainSailing by clicking the link Manage Cookie Settings.
To simply browse our Website, you are not required to provide any Personal Information. However, we may gather non-personally-identifiable information, as described directly above, solely for the purposes of monitoring and improving our Website and Services. We will not share this information with third parties or use it to target any advertisements to you.
Registered Users/ Club/ Organisation Officials
To gain full access to our Website and Services, you must register your club/ organisation and one or more club/ organisation officials who can access your club/ organisation Area. When you register a member for a club/ organisation, we collect Personal Information when you voluntarily provide it to us, such as the following:
- Your name, email address, and phone number, and account password, to set up your account.
- Your IP addresses, devices, and locations used to access www.itsplainsailing.com, which will be linked to your account for fraud detection/ prevention purposes
Members/ Parents Making Online Applications and PaymentsIf a club/ organisation member or parent submits an application then we keep the personal details supplied in the application form for as long as the club/ organisation Official for the club/ organisation in question requires it. A club/ organisation official may delete the information in line with their own data retention policies.
Use by Children
Our Website and Services are directed to the general public. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13 years of age or have any reasonable grounds for believing that children under the age of 13 are accessing our Website or using our Services. If we learn that we have inadvertently collected Personal Information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information collected from a child under age 13, please contact us .
Its Plain Sailing does not sell or rent your Personal Information to marketers or third parties.
We may disclose your Personal Information to law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties if: (i) we are compelled to do so by court order or other legal process, (ii) we must do so to comply with laws, statutes, rules or regulations, (iii) we believe in good faith that the disclosure is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of our Terms of Service.
Its Plain Sailing may receive a request from a court, law-enforcement agency or other government body that seeks disclosure of your Personal Information. We will only disclose your Personal Information in response to such a request if we believe in good faith that doing so is necessary to comply with applicable law or a legal obligation to which we are bound. If we receive such a request, we will use reasonable efforts to give you prompt notice, so that you may contest it if you choose. We won’t provide you such notice if we determine in good faith that either (a) we are not permitted to provide it under applicable law, or (b) that doing so would result in an imminent risk of death, serious physical injury or significant property loss or damage to Its Plain Sailing or a third party.
In addition, in the event of a merger, acquisition, reorganization, bankruptcy, or other similar events, certain information in our possession may be transferred to our successor or assign.
As outlined above, certain key information is required in order that you may use this service. You may decide not to provide this information when requested.
You can review and make changes to your cookie settings in relation to ItsPlainSailing by clicking the link Manage Cookie Settings.
Although no data transmission can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, we take reasonable steps to protect all Personal Information. Its Plain Sailing maintains strict administrative, technical and physical procedures to protect information stored in our servers, which are located in Ireland. Access to information is limited (through user/password credentials and software systems) to those employees who require it to perform their job functions. We use industry-standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology to safeguard the account registration process and sign-up information. Other security safeguards include but are not limited to data encryption, firewalls, and physical access controls to building and files.
We reserve the right, in our sole and absolute discretion, to make changes to this Policy from time to time. Please review this Policy periodically to check for updates. If any changes are material and/or retroactive, we may provide additional notice and/or an opportunity to “opt-in,” as appropriate under the circumstances.
We will provide you with disclosures and alerts regarding this Policy by posting them on our Website, by emailing the email address listed in your Its Plain Sailing account. You agree that electronic disclosures and notices have the same meaning and effect as if we had provided you with a paper copy. Such disclosures and notices in relation to this Policy shall be considered to be received by you within 24 hours of the time it is posted to our Website or emailed to you (unless we receive notice that the email was not delivered).
Its Plain Sailing will provide its services from systems located inside of Europe, we do not transfer this information outside of the EU.
The General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) place obligations on the part of the ItsPlainSailing service (Esker Software Ltd.) and on the organisations that use this service. The focus of the regulations is to provide protection of personal data that is collected, stored and processed by organisations/ clubs (Data Controllers) and supporting services like ItsPlainSailing (Data Processors). In the context of GDPR we categorise the clubs and organisations that use our service as the Data Controllers and we categorise ItsPlainSailing/ Esker Software Ltd. as a Data Processor that works on behalf of these Data Controllers. To support our clubs and organisations in their capacity as Data Controllers and to fulfil our obligations as a Data Processor, in addition to the points made above, we also provide the following capabilities and recommendations to Organisations that use our Service.
- Consent - in every case where ItsPlainSailing collects data on behalf of your club/ organisation we allow you, as Administrator of your ItsPlainSailing account, to configure an Explicit Consent option in the application form, allowing the person supplying the data, to consent to collection, storage and use of the data by your organisation. See Tips For GDPR When Creating Application Forms section under Help&Support -> Application Forms for tips on how to add consent fields to your application forms.
- Personal Data Access Requests - Individuals may request from a Data Controller access to the personal data held on them. Using the ItsPlainSailing Admin Console (i.e. www.itsplainsialing.com/admin), authorised officials within a club or organisation can log in and access the personal data collected for these entries and membership applications. This Admin Console can be used by officials in a club or organisation (as a Data Controller) to access personal data in order to fulfil these Personal Data Access Requests. In the case where the organisation is unfamiliar with this process they can read the relevant section under Help&Support or contact our Data Protection Officer by emailing DataProtectionOfficer@eskersoft.com
- Personal Data Removal Requests - Similarly, individuals may request a club or organisation (Data Controller) to have their personal data erased. Using the Admin Console of our service an authorised club/ organisation official may log in and delete the membership records and event entries for any individual that submits a Personal Data Removal Request to them. Again in the case where the organisation is unfamiliar with this process they can read the relevant section under Help&Support or contact our Data Protection Officer by emailing DataProtectionOfficer@eskersoft.com
- Direct Marketing - ItsPlainSailing/ Esker Software Ltd. do not carry out any direct marketing activities using personal data obtained from individuals collected and stored on behalf of clubs/ organisations that use our service, other than those that relate directly to the ItsPlainSailing service. If a club/ organisation intend to use personal data collected by ItsPlainSailing for direct marketing then they must ensure that they do so in a manner that adheres to the General Data Protection Regulations in this area. For this purpose we recommend that you include an Explicit Consent field in the application form that the person fills out ensuring that they give you permission to do so.
- Update Messages to Organisation Officials - From time to time we need to update our club/ organisation officials that use Its Plain Sailing about changes within the system. If a user does not wish to receive these update emails then they can simply go to their Personal Settings and ensure that you set the Receive Update Messages field to No.
- Best Practice Designing Application Forms - when designing new application forms please ensure that if you are adding a field of information to the application form that is sensitive or personal in nature that you also provide a clear explanation as to why your club / organisation needs this information from the person. Please ensure that you put this information in the Description field as this is displayed to the person when they are filling out the form (see Settings -> Application Fields, and the associated section under Help&Support).